How To: Forward SNMP Traps to multiple hosts with OidView/TMS
Sometimes you will need to forward a trap to multiple hosts. This is very easy to do with Trap Manager. You can configure it through the OidView UI.
You can do this on a global or a per-filter level.
Global Forwarding (forward all traps that come in):
1. Start OidView and make sure it is connected to Trap Manager Service (TMS) by looking at the lower right hand corner for the green light.
2. Once OidView is connected go to Tools -> Options -> Trap Manager -> Forwarding -> Forward IP Address or Hostname. Specify the hosts using IP addresses or hostnames, with “,” in between each one.3. Then, to turn on forwarding, MAKE SURE the “Forward Traps” option is checked!
Per Filter Forwarding (forward traps that match a certain filter):
1. Right-click on the Trap, and click “Modify Filter”.
2. parental guidance Once in the filter, click the “Forwarding” checkbox, and click the button to enter the hosts.
3. Enter up to four hosts to forward the trap to.